Using your phone when driving is extremely risky, because if your hands and eyes aren’t focused on the road ahead, you and others can be put in danger. There are wireless Bluetooth headsets designed specifically for truckers on the market to help mitigate this risk. These headsets are normally mono-ear, so you can always hear what’s going on around you, and they have decent microphones that can pick up your voice even in your truck’s loud, rumbled cabin. Some headphones also have active noise cancellation to help minimise background noise from your truck’s engine. They also usually have low audio latency and a stand-by mode to help save battery life.
We reviewed over 450 Bluetooth headphones, and our top picks for the best Bluetooth headsets for truckers are listed below. The best Bluetooth headsets for phone calls, the best wireless Bluetooth headphones, and the best wireless Bluetooth earbuds are all on our list.
1. BlueParrott B450-XT Bluetooth Headset: Best Over-all
BlueParrott B450-XT Noise Cancelling Bluetooth Headset – Industry Leading Sound with Long Wireless Range, Extreme Comfort and Up to 24 Hours of Talk Time
$75.00 in stock
- Industry leading sound: The BlueParrott B450 XT Noise Cancelling Bluetooth Headset is engineered for superior calls in high noise environments; Block out background noise with 96% noise cancellation
- Long wireless range: Walk and talk with no worries; The BlueParrott Bluetooth Headset has a considerably longer wireless range of up to 300 feet from paired devices; Wireless range requires a class 1 device
- Long haul comfort: You can wear your BlueParrott headsets all day long; They feature a bigger, cushier ear cushion and a more comfortable, more durable padded headband
- 24 hours of talk time: Have all day conversations, with up to 24 plus hours of talk time and 500 hours (20 days) of standby time per charge
- Hands free control – The BlueParrott headsets for truckers allows you to focus on the job at hand; thanks to the advanced features like voice control, for hands free control of headset functions
The BlueParrott B450-XT Bluetooth Headset is the best Bluetooth headset for truckers with an on-ear configuration that we’ve checked. Since this mono headset is flippable, you can use it in either ear when driving. Its boom microphone has good recording efficiency, so even if you’re calling from a noisy truck cab, your voice should be audible.
This headset is reasonably comfortable and stable, and it’s even rated IP54 for dust and water resistance, though we haven’t tested it yet. It can also connect to up to two devices at once, making it simple to move your audio source to another smartphone or laptop.
Unfortunately, this headset has poor noise isolation, so if you’re in a noisy setting, you may have trouble hearing the person on the other end of the line. In addition, the earcup feels flimsy, and wearing it for long periods of time can be exhausting. It’s always a good option if you’re looking for an on-ear Bluetooth headset for taking calls on the go.
2. Plantronics Voyager 5200 Bluetooth Headset
Plantronics - Voyager 5200 (Poly) - Bluetooth Over-the-Ear (Monaural) Headset - Compatible to connect to Cell Phones - Noise Canceling
$89.03 in stock
54 used from $44.99
- Connects To: For someone that needs to take and receive calls on a mobile phone.
- Ideal For: Mobile professional who relies on mobile phone for on-the-go communication.
- Audio Performance: Crystal clear Bluetooth audio quality with triple-mic active Digital Signal Processing (DSP), & wind canceling.
- Talk Time & Roaming Range: Up to 7 hours of talk time and you can roam up to 98 feet (30 meters).
We found the Plantronics Voyager 5200 Bluetooth Headset to be the best in-ear Bluetooth headset for truckers. The ear-hook on this well-built mono headset doesn’t place a lot of pressure on your ear, so it’s a comfortable fit. You can use it on either ear thanks to the swivelling boom mic.
Its boom microphone has exceptional noise handling, ensuring that you are clearly heard by whoever is on the other end of the line, even though your cabin is extremely noisy. While your voice is reported as dark and muffled, it still sounds normal. It also comes with a companion app that lets you set up the sensors to automatically answer or reject phone calls while you’re wearing it.
It supports NFC pairing and can pair with up to two devices at once.
Unfortunately, some users can find the 6.4-hour continuous battery life to be a bit of a stumbling block. When you’re not on a call, however, it has a standby mode to help save battery life. Although it doesn’t isolate almost all background noise, this may be by design in order for you to hear yourself talking. It’s a decent alternative if you’re looking for a comfortable in-ear headset.
3. Mpow Pro Trucker Bluetooth Headset: Cheaper option
Mpow Pro Trucker Bluetooth Headset V5.0, Wireless Headphones with Microphone for Cell Phone, Office Bluetooth Headset, cVc 6.0 Noise Canceling, On Ear Headphones for Call Center, Truck Driver, Skype
- Advanced Bluetooth 5.0: With Bluetooth 5.0 technology, ensure faster and stable connection; Pair easily with any 2 Bluetooth devices at one time; Roam range up to 30 feet from paired Bluetooth devices; Meet all your needs of calling
- Built for Clear Chat: Superior cVc6.0 noise-canceling microphone blocks out unwanted noise; The mic is also adjustable to pick up your voices loud and clear; Provide crystal clear conversations even in a noisy environment
- Long Battery Life: Offer up to 16 hours continuous talking time and 200 hours standby time with single fully charged in just 2 hours; Get enough juice to keep you productive all-day
- Lightweight Comfortable Design: The headset weights 1.6 oz，lighter than an egg; Enjoy extended comfort with padded earpad and flexible headband; Feel no burden during longer working sessions; The over the head Bluetooth headset can be worn over the right or left ear according to your preferences
- Comply with FCC Regulations: FCC ID 2AMH2-MBH15; This equipment has been tested and found to comply with the radio frequency devices; Our Bluetooth headset is not only designed for calling but also support listening to music; Great idea for driver, call center, Skype chat, conference calls, webinar presentations and more
We reviewed the Mpow Pro Trucker Bluetooth Headset and found it to be the best Bluetooth headset for truckers on a budget. Its boom mic will clearly capture your voice if you need a low-cost alternative with good recording quality. It also has a standby mode so you can take calls during the day, as well as over 17 hours of continuous playback time.
This well-made on-ear headset is extremely comfortable, and you can wear it on either ear depending on your preferences. Although the boom mic can struggle to distinguish your voice from background noise, you should still be understandable to those on the other end of the line. It also allows you to pair several devices, which is useful if you want to switch between your work and personal phones.
Unfortunately, it’s pretty simple in terms of functionality, and there’s no companion app. It’s also not built or marketed for music listening, since it’s lacking in bass and treble. This is a cost-effective choice if you want to save money while still being able to take calls while on the road.
Here’s More for You: