Sennheiser appears to be reading the tea leaves, with voice assistants becoming more widely used as time goes on. It’s just released a new version of its excellent HD 450BT headphones, which we reviewed extensively last year and found to be very impressive.
The HD 450SE is the new version, which doesn’t change much in terms of design, with the headphones still having a closed-back look that’s nice and subtle, without shouting about its entirely reasonable price tag.
There’s still a dedicated button to summon Alexa for faster interactions with the assistant, just like on the older model, which should make it easier to use the headphones if you’re into voice commands and routines. If you’re in the Google Assistant camp, it’ll also work perfectly.
Otherwise, there’s not much new to talk about: you still get a great 30-hour battery life, Bluetooth 5 support and aptX functionality for high-quality sound, and the option of wired listening if you run out of juice.
Sennheiser HD 4.50 SE Wireless Noise Cancelling Headphones - Black
- Special edition Matte Black colour - exclusive to Amazon
- Bluetooth 4.0 and aptX technologies deliver exceptional wireless sound quality. Connectivity Technology: Bluetooth
- Noise Gard active noise cancellation reduces ambient noise levels improving the listening experience.
- Intuitive ear-cup mounted controls for changing tracks and for making calls via the integrated microphone.
- Up to 19 hour battery life with Bluetooth and Noise Gard activated and is supplied with connecting cable for battery-free listening..2 year warranty when purchased from an authorized Sennheiser dealer.Comes in environmentally friendly Amazon Certified Frustration-Free Packaging
Check Out: Best Audiophile Headphones
It leaves us perplexed as to why the headphones have received a new model number, but it’s possible that Sennheiser has made some more subtle changes under the hood that it isn’t announcing.
However, based on our experience with the older model, these are likely to be a great option if you’re looking for over-ear headphones with good noise cancellation that won’t break the bank.