Table of Contents
The Anker SoundBuds Curve Updated 2019 are an upgraded version of the well-rounded Anker SoundBuds Curve Wireless. They’re basically the same headphones, but with much longer battery life, a slightly improved in-line remote, and an IPX7 water resistance level (which we don’t currently test). Their slightly bass-heavy sound profile should fit most genres, and they’re surprisingly comfortable for in-ear headphones. They’re a flexible pair of wireless in-ears with an excellent price-to-performance ratio.
[Upgraded] Anker SoundBuds Curve Wireless Headphones, 18H Battery, IPX7 Waterproof Bluetooth Headphones, Bluetooth 5.0, Built in Mic and Carry Pouch, SweatGuard Technology for Workout, Gym, Running
- rich treble and thumping bass: sound buds curve bluetooth earbuds are powered by 10 mm composite drivers. the ultra-elastic outer ring produces deep bass and a lightweight and flexible composite bio-cellulose dome delivers midst and highs with enhanced clarity.
- up to 43% more bass: our exclusive bassup technology conducts real-time analysis of low frequencies to instantly strengthen the bass output. feel the bass as it surges through your body and pumps you up for the workout ahead.
- hardcore playtime: 18 hours of listening (at 80% volume) gives you the power and motivation needed to fuel over two weeks of workouts. when you’re in a rush, a 10-minute charge will provide you with up to 3 hours of continuous playtime.
- ipx7 waterproof: sound buds curve bluetooth earbuds are defended by a fully waterproof casing that’s based on a submarine’s structure. push yourself during your workout without fear of sweat and rain damaging your earphones. you can even rinse them with water when cleaning.
- secure and comfortable fit: the bluetooth earbuds are ergonomically designed and come with ear tips and ear wings in various sizes to tailor the fit to you.
The Anker SoundBuds Curve Upgraded 2019 resembles the previous edition, the Anker SoundBuds Curve Wireless, almost identically. These ear-hook headphones have a sporty look to them that makes them seem more expensive than their price tag suggests. The inline remote, which is smaller but has larger buttons and feels slightly less cheap than the previous version, is the only noticeable difference.
For in-ear headphones, the Anker SoundBuds Curve Upgraded 2019 are very comfortable. They don’t go as far into the ear canal as most other in-ear choices, so they’ll likely remain comfortable for longer listening sessions, much like the previous version. They also come with five different tip sizes and three different stability fin sizes to help you find the best match.
The Anker SoundBuds Curve Upgraded 2019 uses the same inline remote as the Anker SoundCore Spirit X Wireless, which is slightly smaller than the Anker SoundBuds Curve Wireless but has larger buttons. It’s simple to use and lets you skip songs, pause/play, or answer calls, as well as change volume.
The Anker SoundBuds Curve Upgraded 2019 has excellent breathability. They don’t rest on or around the outer ear like most in-ears, so they stay cool when exercising or working out. Although their ear-hook covers a little more surface area than traditional in-ears, the difference should be minor, and you shouldn’t sweat as much as you would with on-ear or over-ear headphones.
The Anker SoundBuds Curve Updated 2019 are highly compact, lightweight, and portable. They are slightly larger than standard in-ears due to the ear-hook nature, but they should still fit comfortably in a pocket, wallet, or purse.
Because of their ear-hook nature, the Anker SoundBuds Curve Upgraded 2019 are very stable in the ear, making them a great choice for sports. The package includes three sizes of stabilization fins, which can keep them in your ears even during more intense workout sessions. Unfortunately, the earbuds can sometimes fall out of your ear canal, and although they won’t fall out completely, the shift in seal may cause the sound to change. Check out the SoundPeats TrueFree or the Mpow Flame Pro, both of which have a similar ear-hook design, if you want a fully wireless design in the same price range.
The Anker SoundBuds Curve Updated 2019 doesn’t have active noise cancellation, but they do a decent job of passive noise isolation. They don’t do anything to block out low rumbles from bus or plane engines, but they do a decent job of blocking out background speech. They’ll even do a decent job of blocking out high-frequency noises like AC systems, as do most in-ears.
The Anker SoundBuds Curve Updated 2019 headphones are Bluetooth-only. They don’t support any low-latency codecs, and their high latency makes them unsuitable for watching videos or playing games, though some apps can compensate.
Pros and Cons
The Anker SoundBuds Curve Upgraded 2019 is a set of headphones that are reasonably well-rounded. Their sound profile is flexible enough for most genres, and their stable fit and IPX7 rating make them a decent choice for taking to the gym, though we haven’t checked this yet. They have impressive 18.4-hour battery life and do a strong job of blocking out ambient noise, making them a viable choice for use in the office.